What is your favorite thing to do when on a cruise? For me, I like to stay busy. I’m not one that will sit by the pool for hours.
That’s why I love sailing on Royal Caribbean.
They offer something poolside for people like myself, a busy-body, or for those that like to lounge with a good book (or now-a-days an electronic book!).
Royal Caribbean has six classes of ships, each offering the same simultaneous energetic and relaxing aqua-ambiance.
- Majesty and Monarch of the Seas are the 2 smallest ships in the fleet, weighing in at about 74,000 gross tonnage each.
- There are 2 pools on each ship for you to swim your daily laps or just hang out with friends poolside.
- There are also 2 whirlpools to soak your worries away.
Vision Class –
- 6 ships: Enchantment, Grandeur, Legend, Rhapsody, Splendour and Vision of the Seas. They range in size from about 70,000 – 83,000 gross tonnage.
- Each of them have a crystal canopy covered Solarium Pool with 2 whirlpools, so you are able enjoy the pool no matter what the weather is.
- There is also a main Outdoor Pool for those sunny days, and a variety of shipboard activities.
- The Enchantment also has a Sports Pool; 4 whirlpools and a kids Splash Pool.
Radiance Class –
- 4 ships: Brilliance, Jewel, Radiance and Serenade of the Seas each weighing in at about 91,000 gross tonnage.
- Each of these ships have a Solarium Pool along with a Whirlpool.
- There is the main Outdoor Pool with 2 whirlpools.
- The kids will enjoy the Adventure Beach Water-slide.
Voyager Class –
- 5 ships: Adventure, Explorer, Mariner, Navigator and Voyager of the Seas each weighing in at about 138,000 gross tonnage.
- Each of these ships offer a Solarium Pool with 2 whirlpools
- 2 Main Outdoor Pools with 4 whirlpools
- On all but the Mariner and Navigator there is Adventure Beach H20 area just for the kids.
Freedom Class –
- 3 ships: Freedom, Independence and Liberty of the Seas weighing about 155,000 gross tonnage each.
- These ships were the first to offer 2 Cantilevered Whirlpools in the Solarium (they extend 12 feet beyond the sides of the ship!).
- There are 2 Main Outdoor Pools, one is the Sports Pool.
- Another unique item for the kids is the H2O Zone. This is a splash zone with dump buckets and water guns. They even have their own whirlpools!
- My favorite part on the Freedom Class is the FlowRider. These ships were the first to offer a surf-simulator to practice catching that perfect wave. Don’t miss, 5 Things to Know Before You Ride the FlowRider!
Oasis Class –
- 2 ships: Allure and Oasis of the Seas, the largest ships in the fleet, and weighing in at 220,000 gross tonnage each. These ships are unique in every fashion.
- They offer the same water activities as the Freedom class ships, but add an additional FlowRider. They use one for the boogie board riders and one for the surfers!
- There are 4 pools, including the Solarium.
- Don’t miss the “Beach Pool” where you walk right into the pool and it has a surface to simulate sand.
- There are also 2 Cantilevered Whirlpools on these ships as well.
You might enjoy: