I am one of those parents that want my children to go everywhere with me. I rarely take a vacation without them. I want my boys to experience everything I am.
Now that being said there is always a need to have some adult time with my hubby or friends. That is why I love Carnival’s children’s program.
Camp Carnival is Carnival’s children’s program for kids ages 2 to 11.
This program is actually divided into three age groups
- Toddlers ages 2-5
- Juniors ages 6-8
- Intermediates ages 9-11
I have had so many clients tell me that their kids loved Camp Carnival so much they had to beg their kids to come spend time with them. That is always a good sign.
The toddler program is for children age’s two to five–
- This age group will have a blast painting, doing arts and crafts, cartoon time, and just playing with their new friends.
- You of course are more than welcome to stay with your children or go and enjoy a spa treatment.
- If your little one isn’t potty trained yet that is fine just bring diapers and wipes and the Camp Carnival staff will take care of it for you.
- They also having babysitting from 10pm to 3am so dance the night away while your little one is in a safe supervised environment sleeping away. The babysitting at night has a fee of $6.00 hour which is actually cheap compared to the babysitter in my area.
Next is the area for juniors age’s six to eight–
- This area is so awesome. They will get to join in activities such as foosball, air hockey, jewelry making, prize bingo, dodge ball, and volcano making. This is just a few things that are offered for this age group.
- The goal in this room is for the kids to have fun and not even realize they are being supervised.
- Often the counselors are big kids themselves joining in on all the games and activities.
- If you have a shy little one never fear they will have ice breaking games and find your little one a friend so everyone is having fun.
The intermediates are age’s nine to eleven–
- These young cruisers will enjoy pool parties, video games, scavenger hunts, and dodge ball. There is always something new set up to enjoy.
- If you have children in this age group and they think they are too cool for Camp Carnival talk them into going just once and I bet they will want to go every day after that.
If you are sailing with young teens or older teens there is plenty to do–
- The young teens have a program called Circle “C”. This is for ages 12-14.
- The older teens have Club O2. This area is for teenagers 15-17.
- No matter what their age is Carnival has a ton of activities constantly going on that are appropriate to that group; they would never expect a 17 year old to want to finger paint.
So you can have some time away to be an adult and your kids can meet new friend and have a blast at no charge. That is totally a win-win situation.
The only time it is extra are from 10:0pm to 3:00am. You never know, maybe your children will make lifelong friends on board!
Because, as we all know, cruises are a great social connection!